The Midweek League is a series of races run in Hertfordshire and the surrounding area. Each race is approximately 10k. This year GCR are back in Division 1 and would like to stay there!
The races are free for any paid-up member and suitable for all abilities.
The races are competitive but sociable too, with host clubs providing an ample buffet over which you can discuss race highs and lows.
Here are the dates for 2019. They usually start at 7.45pm and details will be circulated before each event.
- Thursday 23 May – St Albans – Race HQ is Cricket Pavilion, Highfield Park, Highfield Lane, St Albans, AL4 0RH.
- Thursday 13 June – Royston – Race HQ is Therfield Cricket Club, Recreation Ground, Therfield, SG8 9QG.
- Thursday 20 June – Chingford – Race HQ is Jubilee Retreat, Bury Road, London, E4 7QJ. (Parking at 4 Bury Road Car Park. *Note* No cars/parking at Race HQ)
- Thursday 4 July – Trent Park – Southgate Hockey Club, Trent Park, Cockfosters Road, Cockfosters, London, EN4 0PS.
- Thursday 11 July – Mob Match – WGC Ridgeway Academy.
It is hoped that all runners will wear a GCR vest, so please get your order in ahead of time (if you don’t have one already).
You can find out more about each race, and view the results as soon as they’re published, on the Run Herts website.