England Athletics Membership and Closer Links
England Athletics (EA) is the regional body of UK Athletics, the national governing body for athletics. It provides support, resources and training to clubs, coaches, and athletes. It also organises grassroots campaigns such as Run Together and This Girl Can to encourage individuals to take up running.
GCR benefits in many ways already from links with EA, and we are keen to build a closer relationship, in order to help the club to thrive and develop. To do this, we are going to make it easier for club members to become affiliated and registered as EA members. EA is funded substantially from membership fees. Without these fees, EA would go out of existence; so, from 2020, we are offering the option for club renewals to include EA membership fee.
How we are currently benefitting from EA links:
- Existing members can access a range of training programmes to support runner, club and coach development.
- Many of the leaders of Tuesday/Thursday training sessions have attended EA’s Leader in Running Fitness (LiRF) programme
- Advice and support on how to manage the Club and ensure we remain compliant
- Help and best practice in hosting events and making sure they are well run
- Allocated place in the London Marathon (one place for every 50 individual EA members)