News of, and limitations caused by, Covid-19 is changing frequently.
Sadly, all our group training runs are suspended whilst we are in lockdown.
Our popular beginners’ course is returning on Tuesday 25th May. Please follow this link for full details.
Exercise, especially outdoors, is great for our mental and physical health so LET’S KEEP RUNNING!
The GCR Members Facebook group will be central to our running community. We will post training plans, share news and motivate and support you as much as we can. In turn we encourage everyone to share ideas, celebrate achievements and most importantly, motivate, support and look out for each other. Please also share reports, tips, photos and news with the results team for inclusion in the new look weekly News Release.
Are you already on the Garden City Runners’ Facebook page? If not, please do join up and get the most out of your membership in these difficult times.
We hope you’ll all join up but we know that Facebook isn’t for everyone so we’ve included the two key training plans here so no one misses out.
Covid 19 – General Guidance for runners
The advice and guidelines about Covid-19 continue to change. The club is affiliated to England Athletics and the Association of Running Clubs and we follow their guidelines to help reduce the risk of spreading Covid-19.
When joining a group run you are consenting to your details being recorded for contract tracing purposes.
Please always follow the following advice for your own and others’ safety:
- do not attend if: you are feeling unwell; if you have any Covid-19 symptoms or have had a positive test; if you are self-isolating for any reason. Always follow any medical guidance you may have received.
- if you have any Covid-19 symptoms or a positive test after attending a session you must inform that club immediately so we can contact the rest of the group you ran with.
- maintain social distancing at all times including at the start and end of the session.
- try to avoid touching anything eg a gate or stile but if this is unavoidable use hand sanitiser and avoid touching your face afterwards.
- look out for pedestrians, horse-riders, cyclists etc and move to one side to let them pass and maintain social distancing.